Orange and chocolate bundt cake recipe. I love orange and lemon cakes for breakfast or coffee breaks. But as you know, I love chocolate too! So the combination of both makes basically the perfect dessert. That’s why this week’s orange and chocolate bundt cake is a win-win, the best way to start a day full of happiness.
It’s neither a secret that I love the shape of bundt cakes, so as at the beginning of the week I got my new Nordicware bundt cake tin, I couldn’t resist the temptation of using it for this orange and chocolate cake. And the result was basically perfect! An amazing shape of the cake with all the holes full of chocolate.
- 250 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 150 mL milk
- 420 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Put the butter in a largue stainless mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and whisk them together until you get a fluffy mixture.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing all together before adding the next one.
- Add the orange juice, orange zest and milk and give a good mix with a fork.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) and lightly whisk until combine. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the bundt cake and bake at 175 ºC for about 50-60 minutes until lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the cake pan for 10 minutes and then turn out, leaving it on a wire rack until completely cools.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and pour it in the bundt cake.